Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Rave Review

So all my sewing and slaving and nearly killing myself in preparation for Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey (last weekends rave, which I will now review... get it?) has at least partially paid off. Although the timing was really terrible due to my horrible back pain, my weekend in Toronto was a ton of fun. I have the unfortunate situation of living in a different city than all of my best friends. They live in Toronto (ew) and I live in Montreal. So this weekend gave me a chance to visit all of them, even though it became pretty rushed in order to accomadate everyone. Every time I go to Toronto it's like speed-dating, but with people I already know and slightly less desperate. But only slightly. So the big event was on Saturday night, my friend nad long time rave-mate George (aka: Flyboy) and his fiancee/partner in crime Lolita head up the company Daydream Productions, who were throwing Saturday's rave. It was time-machine themed, and also apparently some sort of Doctor Who allusion, which went completely over my head. For my own outfit, I decided to go for a cyber-goth inspired space-raver outfit. They sell these stupidly soft "car wash mitts" (that I've re-named "ecstacy gloves") at the dollar store and I bought 4 lime green ones hoping to incorporate them into an outfit. This is definitely the most creative I've gotten with non-material supplies and I wound up using the ecstacy gloves, cat collars, reflective tape, a dog leash, plastic tubes, and a glow in the dark rope. I'm pretty damn impressed by my resourcefulness, and also my awesomeness. Below is the final creation:

The night of the rave I was pretty back-sore, but I went with an mazing crew of friends, managed to sell more of my stuff than I did at Dino Circus (rave I vended at in September) and had an awesome time. I even got to dance to my most favouritest Happy Hardcore song "Children of the Night". By all accounts a win.


Now this week I'm trying to take a real break from destroying my back and recover a little bit. Also, how much does that oufit make me look like a clean-cut Tank Girl? BAM!

No comments:

Post a Comment